Indi Weekly Scoop July 31
Posted July 31, 2015
- Kitchen Table Conversations Report Launch this Sunday
- Get in Cathy’s Ear Postcard Report
- Focus on important role of ADF in Indi
- Stronger Regions Fund
- Speaking up
- Regional Network Development Plan - Transport
- Cathy’s diary
Kitchen Table Conversations – Report Launch this Sunday
Feedback from over 600 Indi residents will be presented back to the community this Sunday at the Kitchen Table Conversations Report Launch. Inspiring young guests Jacqui Hawkins, Corrine Antonoff and Jake and Sam Bowtell from Killer Pig Productions will outline their Visions for Indi at the launch. The KTC Report Launch will take place at 2pm at the Wangaratta Performing Arts Centre, with registrations from 1.30pm. Those using social media can participate in the conversation by using the hashtag #KTC15. Register online.
Get in Cathy’s Ear Postcard report
Also being launched this Sunday at the Wangaratta Performing Arts Centre is the Get in Cathy’s Ear Postcard Report. More than 600 residents returned postcards to Cathy telling her what was important to them. All responses have been recorded and priorities identified. See what actions Cathy has taken to date on issues important to the electorate.
Focus on important role of the Australian Defence Force in Indi
- Cathy will attend a familiarisation tour of Bandiana Army Base, Latchford Barracks and Bandiana Museum on Monday, August 3. It will be an important opportunity for Cathy to see first-hand the significant defence bases in Indi.
- Cathy will spend five days in the Northern Territory in the last week of August participating in the Army Aboriginal Community Assistance Program. She will work with members of the 21st Construction Squadron of the 6th Engineer Support Regiment in the community of Titjikala in the MacDonnell Region of the Northern Territory.
Stronger Regions Fund
Applications for the latest round of the $1 Billion Stronger Regions Fund close today. Cathy wishes the Indi local governments and organisations well in their endeavours to seek funding.
Transport - Regional Network Development Plan
Local workshops to help guide Public Transport Victoria’s Regional Network Development Plan will be held next month. The community is encouraged to attend these workshops and provide solutions-focused feedback to give PTV a clear picture of what is needed. Plan, survey, workshop and feedback information can be found at the PTV website. Feedback closes on September 11, 2015.
Register Now - Spirit of ANZAC Centenary Experience
In a major coup for the North East, Wodonga has been chosen as the opening venue of the Spirit of ANZAC Centenary Experience (SACE). Registrations of interest are vital, as places are limited. SACE will open on Friday, September 4 and run until September 10 at the Wodonga Sports and Leisure Centre. Please visit the SACE website to register your interest.
Get on board Team Cathy!
The campaign website is up and running, you can show your support and sign up to volunteer for Team Cathy here. In a short video, Cathy talks to supporters about her decision to stand for re-election. The next election will be policy before personality and Cathy is calling on everyone to “be their best selves”.
Friday Night Conversation – tonight
Andrew White, managing director of Australian Renewable Fuels Ltd is Cathy’s guest conversationalist at tonight’s Friday Night Conversation at the Wodonga Community College 5.30-7.00pm. Please RSVP for the event via the website.
Cathy wishes to confirm that despite speculation she has not sought, nor will she seek the role of speaker in Federal Parliament.
- Friday Night Conversation, Wodonga Community College, Friday, July 31, 5.30pm -7pm
- Red Carpet Youth Awards, The Cube, Friday, July 31, 6pm onwards
- Benalla Pony Club rally, Sunday, August 2, 11am
- Kitchen Table Conversation Launch, Wangaratta Performing Arts Centre, Sunday August 2, 2pm
- Visit to Bandiana Army Base, Latchford Barracks and Bandiana Museum, Monday, August 3
- Meeting with Towong Shire Councillors, Tallagatta Shire Office, Tuesday, August 4, 9am
- Wangaratta Oxfam AGM, Tuesday, August 3, 6.30pm
- Visit to Middle Indigo Primary School, Wednesday, August 4, 9am
- Cathyvan visit to Wahgunyah and Rutherglen, Wednesday, August 4, Wahgunyah Caltex 4.30pm, Rutherglen Lions Park, 5.30pm
- Guest speaker at Rutherglen Lions Club, Wednesday, August 4, 6.30pm
- Myrtleford Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Lupos Kiln Café, Great Alpine Road, Myrtleford, Thursday, August 5, 6.30pm
- Master Builders Breakfast, Commercial Club Albury, Friday, August 6, 6.45am
- Rural Australians For Refugees guest speaker Gillian Triggs, Uniting Church Hall, Highett Street, Mansfield, 7pm
Save the date
- Indi Summit, Saturday, October 24, Benalla Performing Arts Centre