Indi Weekly Scoop - November 6, 2015
Posted November 06, 2015
- Australian Regional Wellbeing Survey 2015
- Indi Summit – positive feedback
- Young people’s leadership opportunity
- Grants / Nominations / Inquiries
- Diary Highlights
Third Annual Survey underway
The University of Canberra is now conducting its third, annual, academically-based survey of people in rural and regional Australia. This year’s report will also allow the university team to commence making projections, vital for crafting appropriate policy and the provision of government services. The survey is voluntary but Cathy encourages as many people from Indi to take part as possible to ensure the data for our area is relevant and broadly-based. All householders can take part individually. Survey here.
Indi Summit testimonials
Feedback from the Summit continues arriving in the office: “The opportunity to attend the recent summit for Indi was an amazing experience. I say well done to Cathy for giving the community of Indi the opportunity to voice their own ideas and needs: a true example of consumer engagement to build stronger, resilient, more sustainable communities into our future.” (Maria Berry, Wodonga) There are also video testimonials you can watch online. Register for the report – due out before Xmas.
Leadership Opportunity for Young People
- Sail the High Seas – ballot for participation now open. Apply here.
Grants / Nominations / Inquiries
- Humanitarian Settlement Services local area meeting – St Ives Hotel, Wodonga – 10:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Thursday, 19 November. More info here.
- Rural R&D grants – now available. Further info here. To 1 December
- Victorian Young Achiever nominations open – More info here. To 11 December
- Road Black Spot Program – community input sought. More info here.
- Parliament sitting – Australian Parliament House (APH) – Monday, 9 November – Thursday, 12 November
- Purple Power Surge Girls’ lunch – APH – Monday, 9 November
- Australian Rural Leadership Program discussion – APH – Tuesday, 10 November
- National Remembrance Day – Australian War Memorial – Wednesday, 11 November
- Porepunkah Primary School visit – APH – Thursday, 12 November
- Beyond Blue Event – Cathy will be MC with keynote speaker Nicole Gibson / National Mental Health Commission – Wangaratta Performing Arts Centre – 6:00 p.m. Friday, 13 November. Gold coin donation entry.