Indi Weekly Scoop - October 30, 2015
Posted October 30, 2015
Cathy visited Beechworth Secondary College Wednesday, where she met Shaun Rogers and Eamon Maher outside the school's Indigo FM studio
- Indi Summit – register for the report
- Regional telecommunications review released
- Young people’s leadership opportunity
- Grants / Nominations / Inquiries
- Diary Highlights
Indi Summit delivers
More than 220 people gathered in Benalla last Saturday to talk about the major short-, medium- and long-term actions for our communities. Pre-discussion papers and workshops on the day guided robust discussion around a wide variety of topics. Overall consultation has included around 2000 people over the past 18 months, with major outcome the guiding document, the Indi Community Strategy. This report is currently being compiled and will be ready before Christmas. Register at the website for a copy of the report. Media release here.
Highlighting the inequity between rural and city telecommunications, Cathy called on the Government to act on the findings of the Regional Telecommunications Review 2015 which was tabled in Parliament last week. Cathy welcomed the visit to Indi by the Communications Minister and looks forward to working with him to implement the recommendations of the review.
Leadership Opportunity for Young People
- Sail the High Seas – ballot for participation now open. Apply here.
Grants / Nominations / Inquiries
- Humanitarian Settlement Services local area meeting – St Ives Hotel, Wodonga – 10:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. November 19. More info here.
- Rural R&D grants – now available. Further info here. To December 1
- Victorian Young Achiever nominations open – More info here. To December 11
- Road Black Spot Program – community input sought. More info here.
- Friday Night Conversations – Steve Tinker / Telstra Countrywide Area GM – Albury-Wodonga Community College, 63 High St, Wodonga – 5:30 p.m. Friday, October 30
- Wangaratta Jazz Festival – Saturday, October 31
- Presentation of Leadership Awards to Advance Youth Crew CFA – Tallangatta – Thursday, November 5
- Beyond Blue Event – Cathy will be MC with keynote speaker Nicole Gibson / National Mental Health Commission – Wangaratta Performing Arts Centre – 6:00 p.m. Friday, November 13